Monday, May 26, 2014

Post-Wedding Mode

Happy Memorial Day, Readers! Thank you to our veterans for their sacrifices! Remember them at your celebrations today.


We are all still in post-wedding mode around here. The weekend was simply fantastic. The Good Lord blessed us with a perfect sunny, 70-degree day. All the events, from manicures and hairdos to rehearsal, wedding and reception, went off without a hitch. This was one organized bride, to be sure. She did not get this from her mother; I think my grandmother may be the most organized woman of all time, so perhaps Erin got some of those genes.

Here are a few pictures from our big event.


Tower bells at St. Mary Catholic Church in German Village, Columbus, chimed in the background as the new couple was introduced and kissed on the church steps. Erin is rocking her bouquet.

Jeff and Erin greet guests outside the church. Note the "wild beet" bridesmaids dresses, and her spectacular bouquet. She has an artistic eye for color and used it to her fullest advantage.


I rarely post pictures of myself, but here I am with my husband, the parents of the bride. This was at the rehearsal dinner.

I will try not to overload the blog with wedding stuff, but I might ask you to indulge me a few more over the coming weeks. As the professional photography comes in, I am sure there will be more I want to share.

Lots of sewing this coming week for the craft fair on Saturday. That will get me re-focused!

Happy Quilting, Friends!
Jayne

4 comments:

  1. The same church where my parents were married in 1950.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos. The bride looked lovely, and so did her mother. 'll look forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pictures. For the newlyweds, this time is lovely. We also recently got married and everything is amazing in our lives. We are enjoying the new life together. One month is going to be completed soon and we are planning to celebrate the day privately at one of the best event space in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!