Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wedding Sewing

Over the last couple of days I have had to carve out some time to do alterations and sewing for the upcoming wedding. My rehearsal dinner dress, hubby's suit pants, Emma's maid of honor dress - all these needed to have minor things fixed.

Yesterday, the last thing to check off the sewing list - make a ring bearer's pillow.


The fabrics: white cotton, tulle from the bride's veil, and - what?? - Kaffe Fassett fabric?? Yes, that's right. The bride wanted a tiny piping of this KF fabric. How awesome is that??


It went together quite nicely, and I think the piping looks just magnificent. I sent a picture to Erin, who asked me to "tuft" the center with two ribbons. That is what you see below.


I am packing a sewing kit. I can just see this ribbon coming loose, or the tuft popping. I want to be prepared for any eventually.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a great cushion. I love the Kaffe piping, and the colours of the ribbons. Your DD is obviously not afraid of colour it seems.

    Is it this weekend? If so, have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!