Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Couple of Finishes

Claudia was over yesterday for some help with finishing her Summer Breeze quilt. After beginning her blocks here back in January, she had finished her blocks on her own. Then she sewed the blocks together and decided she wanted to finish it with piano keys which she had prepped on her own, as well.

Claudia wants to use this quilt on a daybed in her house, so she needed only to put the piano key border on two sided. So we put the light blue inner border around the entire center, and used the piano keys on two sides. She got the top done and it is ready to go to the quilter.

While Claudia sewed her borders, I brought my own Summer Breeze down and figured out how I would finish it. I had 7 blocks completed. Not a particularly conducive number for quilting purposes, right? I could have just used 6 blocks to make a small lap quilt, but I still had bits and parts, so I put my thinking cap on. With a couple of remaining 2.5-inch strips I managed to get an 8th block made. Then I took 4 of the leftover strips which had a 45-degree cut edge. The pictures below show how I utilized those leftovers - as the center block  in a square 3x3 block quilt.


The jelly roll I used was a Three Sister's line called Park Avenue. When finished, I think I can see this being used as a table topper cloth.

That's all for today, Peeps! Gotta' lotta' grading to do!
Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Really like the way you made the vital centre block from the left overs - it works really well ☺

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!