Sunday, February 28, 2016

Goldenrod Flimsy is Finished

A February finish! Late last night I put the last border on Goldenrod Patch and today I have pictures for you.



The quilt measures approximately 74x81 inches. The pattern is Goldenrod Patch from Blue Skies, a Thimbleberries book by Lynette Jensen. I reduced my quilt by one vertical and one horizontal row, but it is still big enough to amply cover the double bed in my guest room.

This picture is a closeup of the border corner. I really like putting borders on like this. The opposite color placement in the blocks adds interest, I think. The darker blocks look really good, and if I had more background fabric I think I would make a bunch more. I definitely can see myself making this block again for future quilts.

My next project is a quilt to be gifted. My niece Abby will be getting married in June, and a quilt has been promised. I know what I am making and am in the fabric-selection phase of the process. Since all the fabric will come from my stash, I could conceivably have the quilt cut out today. Of course, this quilt will never get pictured here on the blog until mid-June, so trust me when I say it is an easy pattern and I will have it done super-fast. (The bride's mother - my sister - helped me decide on a design; she is responsible for the simplistic nature of it. Thank you, very much!)

On Tuesday, I will be going to Terry's for a day of quilting at which time I will take the February quilt to her for quilting. I have had it ready to go for about 3 weeks and have just not ever gotten it to her. And now March is knocking on the door so I need to select the next one to get quilted. This New Year's Resolution is proving to make me very, very happy. No longer will my most beautiful flimsies be stuck hanging in a closet.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous. The colors are so restful. I especially like the dark triangles around the edge of the quilt. What a great finish for it!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!