Friday, August 12, 2016

Checking In With Claudia

Over the past couple of weeks or so, Claudia has sent me several pictures of a variety of projects she has been working on. I tell you, it does make me proud that she is progressing so well. It certainly helps that she WANTS to do it, and she has a new machine, and she is willing to practice, practice, practice.


The hot pads, above are an example of the practicing Claudia is willing to do. She sent the first picture several days before the second. Her second email referenced all the time she'd been trying different techniques and perfecting others. Having a string of hot, hot days certainly helps - staying indoors with the A/C blasting and the sewing machine humming.


Awhile later, she sent these two pictures of a table topper she was working on. To me, this is rather advanced work. Any stitching with diamond shapes means that bias edges are involved and that can spell trouble with some seamstresses. The lower picture shows the backing fabric under the top. I just yesterday received an email from Claudia indicating that she is stumped as to how to finish or bind this topper. Those open angles and closed angles are complicating her finishing process.

I will get back to you, Claudia! I have a couple of suggestions! *wink*

I also have an update on Claudia's Crumb Quilt; I will bring you that soon.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!