Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Diamonds Update

Was Christmas wonderful at your house? It sure was at ours. We had to share our daughters with their significant others, but we made up for their absence by being with the great horde that is my side of the family. My brother and his wife hosted us, and below are the ones who attended.

My mother is seated in the center of the sofa. I am directly behind her with a sister on each side of me. My brothers are sitting on either side of Mom. Surrounding this core group are all the in-laws, grandkids and great-grandkids. We were missing a few, sadly, but we had a good time and we always do.

My stitching has become more relaxed now that the commissions are finished. I am back to enjoying the hand quilting on Erin's Diamonds. I have very nearly finished it, and will have to return to the shop today to find just one more skein of pearl cotton for the remaining bits. It is fully expected that I will have this finished by the end of '16. Whoo-hooo!

Seeing that bottom row of half-diamonds was surely a welcome sight! At the top of the picture you can see the tails of the threads yet to be quilted in. I like that I did this, and will remember to do it again on the next quilt. It does make the job seem more efficient.

Taking it off the hoop gives me a moment to study the look that the quilting gives it. I love the gradation of colors - and the quilting - and the boldness. Frankly, I can't think of anything I don't like about this quilt!!

Why, even the backing looks fantastic. I will be sure to turn it to the back when it is entirely finished so you can see all three prints I used.

No more hoop. What remains will be done without it. The bottom left corner is the area I still must tend to. I have partial quilt lines and some diamonds that are completely stitch-less. It should take me no time at all to finish off these bits. (Note that new carpet under there?? This quilt fills the family room; it's a large queen/small king - in other words, monstrous!)

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. looks like your family had a grand time. I come from a big family too and it is a lot of fun. love your quilt. it is so worth hand quilting on it. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!