Saturday, December 31, 2016

Final Finish for 2016

Mid-afternoon yesterday, I finished binding Erin's Diamonds. Whoo-hoo! I thought I'd be all celebratory and cheering and dancing and carrying on. But, I actually felt sort of lost! It was the way I feel when I finish a really amazing book, and then wonder what in the world I will do now that it's over.

Weird.

Let's look at some pics. I took lots. *smile*


The quilt is from the Kaffe Fassett book called Kaleidoscope of Quilts (2006). Erin picked it out in February of 2013, and I made the quilt top that year. Then for all of 2014 and 2015, it hung in my closet. Did you know that quilts never get finished if you never work on them? It's true! So the hand-quilting began in October. To quilt this 108x93-inch quilt in 3 months is speedy for me. Once upon a time, this would have been incomprehensible.


I have written about this quilt frequently and have always referred to it as Erin's Diamonds, even though the original quilt is called Hot Diamonds.
Click here to see my first post, when Erin selected the fabrics from the stash.
Click here to see me trying to figure out his very brief directions.
Click here to see a post about sewing the quilt top.
Click here to see it on the antique quilting frame.
For more posts, just enter Erin's Diamonds into the search box located in the sidebar.

And this concludes my posting for 2016. Number 250 for the year. We will be hosting our friends the Schmidts and Everharts tonight. Reveling is set to begin at 8 or so. We have a big football game to watch, too - GO BUCKEYES!! BEAT CLEMSON!!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Your final finish is gorgeous. Some of my favorite fabrics are in there. Great way to end the year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a spectacular quilt! I can identify with you completely about coming to the end of a great book or project - I feel kinda lost and bereft too! Hope you find something to get excited about soon. I've enjoyed watching this quilt be born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! A spectacular way to end the year! Hope you've woken up in 2017 feeling less lost and full of enthusiasm for your next project ☺

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!