Monday, December 12, 2016

A Binding Enterprise

Between Sharon P. and myself, we are binding quilts like crazy here lately. Last Monday when we sewed together, Sharon finished off two Christmas gifts with bindings. She then cut and prepped fabric for binding at least one more. Today, Sharon is back and we both have binding on our agendas. I have my two t-shirt quilts back from the quilter (Thank you, Terry!), so they will get my immediate attention. And Sharon has four quilts ready for her immediate attention, plus one that will wait until after Christmas. Whew! Does this wear you out?

Here are pictures of the two Sharon finished last week.

Above is a Brown Bear, Brown Bear quilt for 4-year-old grandson Flynn with a bright red binding. The backing and binding are both flannel, and this quilt will be wonderfully warm and cuddly.


The next two pictures are the front and back of a really pretty creation using reproduction fabrics from the DAR museum. These new fabrics are replicated from quilts in the museum dating back to the early-to mid-1800s. Isn't this gorgeous? Sharon hand quilted with big stitches, and plans to gift this to her mother. Lucky Mom!!

Before we called it a day, Sharon prepped a bagful of bindings for the next two quilts, which she is working on today. Pictures of those will come soon.

And, yes, I will bring pictures of the two quilts I plan to bind - both t-shirt quilts for customers. You may remember the picture below of the binding I prepped about a week ago. I am ready to get 'er done!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!