Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Welcome to the Quilt Show

A lot of bloggers use a special feature on Wednesdays called Wordless Wednesday, and while I cannot guarantee a wordless post, I can assure you that today you will mostly just be looking at pretty quilts. Sorta' pretend you are strolling through a quilt show, but in the comfort of your easy chair. Hopefully, you can have a warm cup of coffee or hot tea for this leisurely stroll.

These pictures are pretty much in the exact order I took them. I did take out the pics of my friends' quilts that I shared yesterday; these are the random ones that for one reason or another captured my fancy. At the end, you will see three quilts that are noteworthy and I will describe them when we get there.















This is a quilt top that will be next year's raffle quilt.

Best of show - pieced quilt.

Best of show - applique quilt.
How's that? Few words Wednesday! I hope you enjoyed the show.
Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the traditional quilts. The Best of Show pieced is an example of "less is more" and it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the quilt show. I noticed that most of your friends won ribbons. I think it's always interesting to see which quilts win ribbons as ribbons are subjective even though there are guidelines. We each have our favorites and are always left scratching our heads as to why the judges selcted the quilts they did and not the ones we might have selected or we are thrilled with their choices. All of the entries are winners in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!