Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Circleville Quilt Show - 2018

Well done, Good Time Quilters guild, for another great show in Circleville.

I have gone to this show for "alotta" years, and never have I been disappointed. In fact, it's better than ever as the guild now has the most wonderful, wide-open space in the gymnasium at Ohio Christian University.

This is the guild that several of my sweet quilty friends belong to, consequently many of their quilts showed up in the show. Let's have a look, shall we? First we will check out Sheryll's entries. If you look closely, you'll see three 3rd place ribbons. Well done, Sheryll!

I always love those 4-patches (right up there with 9-patches, you know?) and navy, so this quilt is incredibly appealing to me.

This is Sheryll's version of our little block-swap we did last year. Mine is still hanging - unquilted - on my design wall, while Sheryll has hand-quilted hers. It looks lovely, too. Both quilts above were pictured in this post from May when we met at Becky's.

The fact that I am in the midst of making a basket quilt makes me even more appreciative of the effort behind this beauty.

Awhile back - I don't know, a year? two? - the orange peel quilt was popular, and several in our group made it. This post contains an earlier picture of the orange peel quilt. This post is a very different version by Jan.

And speaking of Jan, she had some entries in the quilt show:

As an elementary school teacher, Jan has a real penchant for primary colors as evidenced in this crayon quilt.

This pickle dish quilt was a kit that Jan finished last spring in our '17 UFO challenge. In typical Jan fashion, the original plan to do a certain amount each month became a finished quilt in ONE month! Over-achiever! I have looked for previous pictures of this quilt, but I am coming up empty. This photo certainly does not do this quilt proper justice.

The quilt above is Susan's entry (and I'm sure she had others). This was begun at our Canter's Cave retreat a year ago when we had the Thimbleberries Challenge. (Make any Thimbleberries pattern or use any Thimbleberries fabric or both.) I have made this same pattern, and it continues to be one of my favorites.

The trouble with my doing a post of my friends' entries in the quilt show is that I am never sure I got pictures of them all. Undoubtedly, I have missed some, and for that I apologize and assure these ladies that it was totally unintentional. Sometimes I get side-tracked (who me??), and sometimes people are in the way of the quilt, and sometimes I just plain miss one.

Tomorrow I will post random pictures of quilts that caught my fancy at the show. I also did a bit of retail therapy at the vendors' booths, so stay tuned for that recap, as well.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!