Monday, August 6, 2018

Blockheads 2 - Pineapples

Block 8 of Moda's Blockheads 2 was a simple little thing and was really fun to put together. I still have some blocks to  make, and will definitely get them all caught up at some point, but for now let's just look at block 8.




I am making two sets of these blocks, and I must have been in a muted mood the day I stitched these up. I was worried about that bottom one, but it will be just fine, I'm sure. Not a lot of contrast, but still enough that the pineapple is visible.

The original pattern, designed by Jan Patek, called for applique. At least one other designer offered pieced alternative. I like that they do this.  Corey Yoder, even offered a coloring page along with her pieced instructions. These gals go all out!

My goal will be to finish the remaining blocks and get caught up. I'm not really sweating it, you know?

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!