Thursday, August 2, 2018

40 Baskets

My basket block production is moving right along. I now have 40 made, with 60 yet to go. It seems like I am really slow at doing these, but if I can just stay steady at them, they will eventually all be done. I am certainly not going to quit! The pace is what I can handle at this time. If I can do more, I will.

Here are some shots of the growing stack of baskets.



I do enjoy making them. I press after each step, so that slows down production. I also don't really do strip piecing as I am laying out an entire little basket one at a time so that I am sure the triangles are all going in the right direction. That slows things down, as well.

I do love that I have three varieties of baskets going here, and I change them up every so often to keep things interesting. I am keeping a tally, as well, on how many of each basket I have made, although what difference it would make in the long run doesn't really seem like it would matter. Just so long as I end up with 100 baskets, I will be fine with the random variety.

Short and sweet today, Peeps! I have the card girls coming over tonight. I need to get to the store and make my final preparations. Tomorrow morning we have quilting at Becky's and after that I will be going to Circleville for the Good Time Quilters Quilt Show. It is always a delightful show with lots of fun stuff to see and buy.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. These blocks are so pretty. I think you are doing a great job on sewing up these blocks. Slow and steady will get the blocks pieced. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your basket blocks! I am not a big chain piecer or assembly line piecer. I like to cut and make a few blocks when I have time. It helps me get thru the cutting, not my favorite part of quilting

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!