Friday, August 31, 2018

Basket Quilt Progress

As promised, I am sharing my progress on the basket quilt, slow as it is. Sharon and I sewed together on Tuesday, and I've not taken one stitch on it since. That's just the way life is for the moment. Getting settled in to a new semester at OUC, adjusting to fall hours as opposed to carefree summer hours - this takes some getting used to.

But I digress. Let's see some quilt pictures, shall we?

I am finally able to use some chain piecing for this part of my construction process. It assures that I am keeping baskets facing the correct direction, and I can manage handling the quilt so much more easily. I am pinning very thoroughly, even though that might be unnecessary. I feel more confident that I'm eliminating mix-ups by pinning.


As I worked, I had to move from the table to the guest bed. The additional rows just became too cumbersome. Plus, I like seeing the progress row by row.


I have made decisions about the vertical sashing strips. I will also use one color per vertical strip just like I am doing one color per horizontal strip. At the intersections, I will use the background as cornerstones. In essence, I will be framing each individual basket, and while that is not the way the pattern shows the finish, I am happy to be using more of my Roman Holiday fabric.

Are you getting ready to celebrate the Labor Day weekend? Our plans are low-key, but we are meeting our daughters and their guys for dinner in Columbus this evening. Then we will bring a particularly adorable kitty home with us to babysit for the weekend, while DD1 and her hubby go out of state. Rocky gets his own vacation at our house.

Besides that, we anxiously await our first college football game tomorrow at noon! Go Buckeyes! We are always excited for football around here.

Here's hoping your weekend is enjoyable!
Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!