Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Welcome August!

Hey! August first - another month! Inconceivable! (Queue: The Princess Bride movie, right?)

I am not even going to review the July goals because I don't think I fully accomplished any of them. I did work on several - which means I totally did NOT work on some - but you know what? I'm not stressing about it in the least. I mean, I did a lot of stuff that wasn't on the goals list - and that's all good.

The way I see it is this - I just miscalculated the types of tasks and activities I would be taking on this past month. One can plan for a month to go in one direction but then as that month unfolds, the trajectory is headed in an entirely different direction. One can't possibly anticipate the unexpected. I had no idea, for example, that a completely unplanned and spontaneous project would appear out of nowhere. Of course I had to follow through, right?

To prove that I did get something accomplished, let's take a look at this adorable little table topper I made of scraps from one of the Blockheads blocks. This was something I created sometime mid-month, as I recall.




I haven't yet finished Blockheads2 block #5, but I did make the flying geese units, and the resulting cut away corners left me with the tiny triangles used in this little cutie. I then took some neutral and made a checkerboard-type setting I was thrilled with how it looked.


Are you noticing the border situation? I didn't have enough! I pieced together some bits, but still could not make enough to fill the final 3 or 4 inches. So I dug out "something close" - as our grandmothers would have done - and "made do."




Since this little table topper is just my own creation, I had no desire to make it perfect - actually, I think I like it better because of its imperfections! Ha!

Now, about July -

**I worked on Blockheads, but did not stay caught up - still need to finish #5, #6 and now #9.
**I worked on the Roman Holiday basket quilt - nowhere near being finished.
**I worked on Lake Effect.
**I blogged 15 times.
That's about it. We won't even tally the things I didn't do. Hmmm...

Hey, August!! I'm taking you by storm!! And I think I will do it without a goals list!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little table topper. Summer is busy, we can make plans but that's life!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!