Thursday, August 9, 2018

Mini-Makeover

You might find it hard to believe that for most of my married life, I have not had a quilt on our bed. Instead, we have had a couple of bedding sets we bought. When our cat got sick on the last bedspread, I took it to be cleaned and decided that I was done with that bedspread. I put a quilt on our bed, and have not regretted it in the least. However, I still had the shams from the bedding set, and this week I have replaced them.

Today, I will just talk about the square pillow. The two pillows behind have a bit of a special feature which I will talk about soon in an upcoming post.


I had a pattern from Moda  for a 22" square table topper called Starburst. I think it is something that is meant to be for Christmas, and it was made for using those little 2.5" packs called Moda Candy, I think.

Anyway, as I was organizing patterns last month, when I came across this pattern I knew it would work for this pillow. I only needed to add a small outer border for my 24" square pillow, but it was just easy as 1-2-3. I also used larger pieces for the solid areas, instead of 2.5" squares. I mean why make more work, right?


The quilt on the bed is made with 2.5" squares, and the pillow, while it isn't an exact match to the quilt, does just fine to fit in with its random blues. The fabrics used in our new pillow sham are all from my stash, most of which are quite old. I did not overthink any of the choices, and just trusted that the combination of blues would result in a happily scrappy blue "family."

I am a happy camper with my new look.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. I keep saying I need to make some pillowcases to go with the quilt on my bed but I never get around to it. Your pillow looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!