Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Pretty Beginning

Way back in April of last year, I found a deal I couldn't resist on a fat quarter pack of Lecien fabric called Memoire a Paris. It is soft, feminine, dreamy and romantic.




I have petted, patted, played and auditioned it frequently in these intervening months, yet nothing really grabbed me until just this past weekend when I saw this gorgeously simple 9-patch quilt from Helen Philipps' Instagram (@helen.philipps) feed. Since I haven't figured out how to copy/paste the picture from IG, just click here to see it.

I have followed Helen's blog for a long time, and since I enjoy her beautiful blog photographs so much, I began following her on IG. More pretty pictures, you know. *wink*

The inspiration was instant, and I began straight away. I am using 2.5-inch strips to make the necessary units for fast results. I am liking the look already! And I have only completed 2 blocks! It will be so much fun to work on this in the next couple of days.





My plan is to be as random with the placement of the prints as I can be, and I am not going to obsess if two squares of the same fabric happen to end up in one block. As the quilt will be covering a bed, this will be insignificant in the grand scheme of things. I may only get one or two more blocks made today, and tomorrow is booked, so maybe on Friday I can get a whole stack of blocks made.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




1 comment:

  1. This is going to be a lovely quilt. How can a person not love 9 patches? Have fun stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!