Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Bucket List - Part 2

Back on January 10, I shared the first half of the Bucket List published by American Patchwork and Quilting (APQ). Click here to refresh your memory, if you like.

Seems as though now is as good a time as any to take a look at the other half of the list.


Eight items from this second half of the bucket list have been checked off. Potentially, I could check a couple more. I think that Moda Love quilt I made earlier this week would qualify for #34 - Finish a Christmas project before December. (Still should quilt it, though.)  I could also check off #40 - Learn a new embroider stitch.


Sweet Sharon gave me this embroidery project for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I just took my first stitches last night. Cool! It is small enough to keep me from being overhwhelmed, and seemingly simple, too.

Item #44 - Finish a UFO - will definitely be something I accomplish this year. I know the first one I will work on, too. Fondly (but not very imaginatively) referred to as Beige and Burgundy 9-Patch, this UFO is possibly 25-30 years old. Gahhh!


I have 18 blocks constructed and plenty of remaining fabric to construct more. Why did I quit oh so many years ago??? As I sewed the tiny 9-patches into the 9-in-9 blocks, I discovered that my cutting of the plain squares was inaccurate, resulting in some really wonky blocks. Instead of fixing the problem, I just chucked it away for a quarter-century. Gee-whiz! Talk about avoidance!

I see some other items on that list which can easily be accomplished. Several are already in the plans for 2019, and I will be sure to write about them here when they happen.

If you are anywhere in the Midwest USA, I hope you are keeping warm on this frigid day! Being indoors and working amongst the quilts is a wonderful antidote for the cold.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the detailed article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt. Love this design very much. I found another fabric store here.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!