Monday, January 28, 2019

Goals for 2019

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Already, we have found our way to the final week of the first month of our new year. Where does the time go?

It occurred to me over the weekend that I hadn't yet divulged any of the great quilting plans I have for 2019.

The goal is not complicated; I plan to make simple quilts and lots of them. I don't want to spend a lot of time cutting and piecing intricate designs. Instead, I will opt for simple squares in large sizes.

Nine-patch.
Four-patch.
Irish Chain.
Maybe throw in some HSTs to make some Churn Dash blocks.
Maybe throw in some flying geese or hourglass blocks to make stars.

NOT MY QUILTS!!!
All from Pinterest boards! 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/234398355591561415/

The beauty of Pinterest allows me to find inspiration for the simple quilts I am hoping to make. The quilt above is a combination of two blocks - the snowball and the 9-patch. Careful placement of the background fabric gives this quilt a unique look. Click on the picture to be taken to the Pinterest pic and the source.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/234398355591561609/

The simple patchwork in the quilt above hardly needs a pattern, so I can see myself drafting a block of, say, 12 inches, and making quick work of a quilt top. Again, click on the image for the Pinterest pic and source. It will be much less dark.

For a classic star quilt, I am always drawn to the Ohio Star, and coupled with a block like the one above or with plain setting blocks, a couple of these star quilts might be efforts I undertake this year.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/234398355591561619/

Back to basic square shapes, the inspiration below would be a super easy and rewarding block to put into a striking quilt.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/Aadx-g5nglLOdUw3nAa8k20QLO37CkiHvYycyAZE7ZUsJEnIIy91B6g/

The Churn Dash quilt below inspires me to make these simple blocks and set them in straight sets - fast and easy.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/234398355591950153/

In addition to these new creations, I do still have some UFOs in the quilting room that I think I will finish. I spent all of 2017 working on UFOs and took a huge bite out of that pie. However, I was so tired of 2017's UFOs that I did NONE in 2018. Now, with some distance from them, I intend to do just 2 or 3. I will focus on those particulars in a separate post.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. There's something so soothing about making simple quilt... and they are so beautiful. Enjoy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ALL beautiful quilts. Have fun with the creating!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!