Monday, January 21, 2019

Sharon's Christmas Decor

It is way past time to highlight Christmas material, but I just can't skip sharing this from my dear friend Sharon. I have written many, many posts involving Sharon - we taught together at CHS, we have quilted together for years, I may have written about her fantastic cooking and decorating skills, too, as they are outstanding.

Have a look at the family room at Sharon's house from Christmas morning. Isn't it just breathtaking!? Just take it all in for a moment. So magical!


Now, let's talk about that fantastic red and white quilt on the wall. Sharon made it years and years ago, and my grandmother quilted it! How nice to be reminded of her. The quilt looks absolutely stunning as part of the Christmas decor, I'm sure you agree.

Interestingly enough, as I search through previous posts, I discover that this quilt has been mentioned here before. Click here to read about the quilts at Sharon's house. This same quilt is pictured in a different setting. To find more on Sharon put her name in the search box found over in my sidebar; a long list of posts will pop up. Sharon loves 2-color quilts - usually red and white, like you see above, and blue and white - but she also has a penchant for many of the same things I love - French General fabrics, Kaffe Fassett fabrics, and 3 Sisters fabrics. Probably accounts for why we are such dear friends!

The two of us often make quilts together, and we have some plans in the works for this brand new year. As for previous efforts, we made Elizabeth two years ago, and Snow Shoo last year, as well as our various Roman Holiday quilts (here's a couple), American Jane quilts, and Chock Full O' Charm.

Come on back for some details - soon - on our plans for this new year.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Love the red & white quilt, just beautiful. Sharon sounds like a wonderful friend. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of the red and white quilt. Perfect as Christmas decor and reminds us of loved ones from the past.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!