Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Gallivanting About

Last Friday was a perfectly perfect girls' day - two very long-time friends and I met in Columbus for lunch and shopping, but mostly, catching up.

I spoke of Sharon in my last post, so you know her well, already. The two of us taught together for the entirety of our careers. Another gal, also an English teacher, began with us, but moved to northern Ohio in the late 80s or early 90s. We have worked hard to remain close over the years and across the miles. About twice a year, the three of us manage to meet up for some serious catching up. These visits are always fun - as you can imagine, we cover a lot of territory in our time together.

I provided several links to posts with Sharon in yesterday's edition; today I will offer up some links in which Dee is mentioned. The last time we three were together was in October. In October of 2016, Dee drove all the way down here to sew with Sharon and me. This link from 2017 contains additional links that will provide a full history of our various escapades, if you can piece them all together, that is. 


After a yummy lunch at popular north end restaurant, Northstar Café, we headed out to investigate a little quilt shop a short distance down High Street on Arcadia, Dabble and Stitch. What a cute little shop! A sign near the check out desk makes customers feel pretty good purchasing yardage. *smile*

A super-friendly and welcoming owner welcomed us and gave us the lay of the land so to speak. The décor was captivating - in the photo below, the chalk board wall says MAKE THINGS BE HAPPY. 

 
On another wall, two panels from past row-by-row quilts were displayed. I particularly like the one of the Columbus skyline.



And how simple is this S-E-W decoration!? I might have to do something similar for my quilting room.


Check out the link above to the website for Dabble and Stitch. They have an online shop and in addition to fabric, they offer patterns, yarn, classes and private lessons. Full service shop with a friendly owner.

Here are my two sweet friends outside the storefront. Sharon made a purchase of fabric for a baby quilt she needs to make. I made a purchase, too, of fabric (of course) with no particular plan for it at this time.

Next we headed back up North High to Sew To Speak, which I have written about before. They offer 20% off in your birthday month, and Dee and I are January gals, so we took advantage of that with additional fabric purchases. I didn't go too crazy, but since I really have no idea what I will make with this new stuff, it really is a matter of impulse purchasing.

I have not yet taken a picture of my purchases, but perhaps I will bring that to you in an upcoming post!

Have a great evening, and hope you get some sewing done!

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what your purchases were, more French General?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!