Since it's the first Sunday of 2019, I thought it would be a good idea to see how far I have come this past year on my English Paper-Piecing project, Lake Effect. Here is the post from a year ago. What slow progress it seems, but when realizing where I was a whole year ago, all those slow stitching days have really added up. It's rather astounding, actually. *smiles*
In the late summer (I think), I had my pattern copied onto large paper. I didn't necessarily need it all enlarged, but in order to get my applique patterns at the correct size for transferring, this is what I did. I like that the front shows a good picture of the quilt.
This page is an example of the applique components. I will be totally challenged when I get to this phase of construction. I am entirely unprepared for how I will do it, and I seem to be forever changing my mind - raw edge? needle-turn? machine? hand? I am all over the place; however, there is still time to make decisions concerning applique while I continue with the EPP.
I have a few sections sewn together. As I said in that post from a year ago, I always work on this when I meet with the Frankfort Girls, and occasionally I pick it up here at home. Not as often as I should, sadly. Maybe I can make improvements on that this year.
I have said from the very beginning that this was going to be a 10-year project; I have reason to be optimistic - I believe I can accomplish it more quickly.
Hope you are having a lovely Sunday! I have had a marvelous day. The biggest achievement was that I finished the quilt top I was working on! I hope to blog about it tomorrow!
For now, why not have a look at Kathy's Quilts and her weekly feature, Slow Sunday Stitching! She has set 3 slow-stitching goals for the year. My single slow-stitching goal continues to be Lake Effect.
Happy Quilting, Friends!