Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Moda Love

Amazing what a girl can get into just ditzing around on Instagram. I saw the same pattern being made by all these different quilters, but it took a day or two to figure out that it was because Moda was sponsoring a sewalong of one of their free patterns called Moda Love.


This is a super-fast quilt to make! On Friday night I picked out the layer cake I would use - Grace by 3Sisters. Monday afternoon I had it all together! How terrific is that!?

Instagram has a plethora of pictures of this pattern, which gave me ideas galore with colors. I especially credit the use of red for the center star in my quilt. The rest, well, what remained of the layer cake is distributed around the star. Not much thinking and I'm good with that.

In keeping with the theme of my previous post - making fast quilts with big pieces - this quilt fits perfectly. It was a lucky accident! I had no idea this would go together as fast as it did. The layer cake version - the one I made - is 72" square. There are options for a charm pack version and a mini-charm pack version, which, I have to admit, are tempting me.

This is my second finish for 2019 - two quilt tops in one month - whoa! Isn't sewing fun? I love it.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


3 comments:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!