Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Hello May!


It's May! Mother Nature is wearing her ever-greening finery around here, and I couldn't be happier about that! I have been doing regular checks of the wildflowers in our woods - plenty of trilliums, bluebells, meadow rue, violets, spring beauties, among others. I am eagerly awaiting the Jack-in-the-Pulpits. Maybe this week.


I have pulled together pictures from this past month for my April collage. Early in the month, my DH got a new toy! He has wanted a Can-Am Spyder forever, and finally found a reasonably priced used one. He's having fun learning how to operate and ride it. Next up, my 9-patch exchange quilt is finished. I worked on it at our Canter's Cave retreat, and finished the borders soon after. Also at retreat, I took ownership of my Featherweight, and look forward to many happy hours of stitching on it.

In row two, an easy jelly roll quilt called Blue Lagoon was begun and mostly finished at retreat. Like the 9-patch quilt, I finished off the borders back here at home. The lilacs in the center are from our yard. They smell heavenly! The group picture is from Easter - me and my siblings along with our mother. Seated: Carol, Mom, Sandy. Standing: Alan, Jayne, Mark. It was a bit cool for outdoor eating, but it was a wonderful day.

On the bottom, my two blocks for the Quilter's Planner project; sister Sandy and I at the Cap City Half Marathon where we walked in the 5K; and finally, my current stitching - a rather impromptu effort with some contemporary fabrics I've been collecting. I just love the intense colors; I need to learn to make myself more comfortable using them.

I have finished my university classes and hope to make quick work of grading finals and then submitting grades. I am formulating a to-do list for tackling after teaching obligations are completed, and I will probably share that later.

I hope your April was productive; sending you lots of encouragement for a magnificent May!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. You had a productive April, have fun planning May and the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!