Thursday, June 17, 2021

Decor Refresh

After awhile, things just get a bit tired, don't they? I have noticed that my pillows and cushions have quite a sad look about them. I intend to fix that in the coming week or two. Below is the first of several pillows I intend to make in my effort to spruce things up around here.

Family room sofa

After having such satisfying success with refreshing the pillows on our bed, I have decided that I need to follow through on the downstairs portion of the house - front room and family room, specifically. To begin I will make 4 pillows, and will likely add more later.

For now, I have just the one finished. Instead of the envelop back, I used a zipper in the bottom. I prefer the zipper, I believe. Crisper look when finished, in my opinion.

Here's another look at it from the front room. I have enough fabric to make one more to match, and then I will need to dig out other fabrics - or piece some quilt blocks - for more.



 I ordered a set of 4 18" inserts through Amazon, and this size will look good. Prior pillows I've made were all 16" which didn't look substantial enough, somehow.


Quickly before signing off I want to share a picture of how gorgeous our front yard looks at 6:30am. For some reason I was awake and looked out to see the sun just ready to come up over the trees. I hurried downstairs to greet the morning on the front porch. What a peaceful time of day!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





4 comments:

  1. Your pillow looks very nice. I enjoy the early morning hours. I'm up before sunrise and the early morning singing of the birds is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love all those things along with hot coffee! Happy Day!

      Delete
  2. That blue and white fabric is so crisp looking! And I am not a fan of blue! But I surely like that pillow. I am certain it will brighten any area. I need to do the same! Carol in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The accent color in my main living area is navy, so this fabric works well. Be sure to stop back as I try to get a few more made! I will be looking for your creations!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!