Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Hello June!

 


My gosh, it certainly seems impossible that nearly half the 'new year' is already behind us. How does time seem to fly by so fast? Since I certainly will never be able to answer the question adequately, let's just get on with greeting June and making the most of her!

Big plans for this month? Well, I did make a list, and several quilting projects rank pretty high on that list. And I continue to add new things to that list, so I might have a impossibly long set of goals, but - hey - one can aspire!

First, let's look back at the May collage. I found that vacationing took up quite a bit of my 9 entries into the collage. Not a bad thing, and it will likely continue now that the lock down for Covid is lifting around the US.

Top Row: First, another glimpse of the flimsy finish for Scrappy 4-Patch. I love how my made-up pattern and quilt turned out. Next is the little mantle runner I made using positive/negative Ohio Star blocks. Third, a quilted finish - Seth's very late wedding quilt, quilted by me on the Tin Lizzie.

Middle Row: First, I spent a day refreshing three pillows on our bed; the pieced one shown is so much nicer looking than its predecessor. We had a guest for about 10 days - Erin's cat Rocky; looking quite ferocious here, always loved coming to enjoy the wide-open space of our home in the country. The passport shown in the next picture illustrates our first "official" US National Parks visit; while touring the low country, we hiked in Congaree National Park near Columbia, SC. We are looking forward to seeing more US National Parks on future vacations.

Bottom Row: An evening walk around Savannah, GA, was delightful; the mansion shown is just one of a gazillion pictures I took there. On our way home, we drove on a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped at some look-out points for vistas like the middle picture. And, finally, back home, I began another quilt, which you read about in my last post.

So, those quilting goals for this month...some of the same ones I've had in previous months. 

First, finish the Spring Dreams Sew Along that my friends and I have been enjoying. I have hopes of quilting at least one of mine, and of course, finishing the current one to the flimsy stage.

Other goals (not all!) include finishing the red/white stars I began earlier this year. Reminder pic below; it's been ignored for awhile, so you may have forgotten it. In order to finish, I have to make 9 more blocks with the dark red star in the center. Then, just sew the blocks together. I'm close! I just need to re-establish my focus.

I need to be returning to that Kaffe Fassett quilt with the blue stars. Gosh. It was really high on my priority list back in January and here I am in June with only 4 trial blocks done. Again, focus, is the key word here.


As for new quilts I've added to the long list of quilts I want/need to make, first, the Frankfort Girls are planning not just one, but two fun little projects. One is long-term - 9" Ohio Star blocks that we will exchange at Christmas time. The other is a Halloween quilt with pumpkins. My details are currently sketchy, but I will certainly get it all straight soon.

A new baby is expected in September for my nephew and his wife, so a baby quilt will be rushed into production.

Of course, there's more, and I will share them if I start them. 

Have you got a big, long list of things you want to accomplish this month? I tell ya, putting the plans 'out there' for people to see helps in holding one accountable! *smile*

Have a great month!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






2 comments:

  1. You've got some lovely quilts in progress and several more beauties planned. Have a wonderful sewing summer with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting places and working on projects old and new is a lovely mix of activities. Look forward to seeing which projects you settle to through June. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!