Sunday, June 27, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to a slow Sunday that announces a milestone in my ongoing work on Lake Effect. The vines are done! Started in 2017, my effort has been off and on these four intervening years;  but at last, I finally have all the vines appliqued in place.

I have chronicled my progress on Lake Effect almost to excess! If you've followed closely, you're likely wishing I'd just get on with it and be done. Hitting this mini-milestone, seems to have given me renewed interest in working on it more diligently. Hope it sticks!

The center panel is attached to the surrounding elongated hexies. My outer appliqued border is just laid on top of the center section. I thought it would be a fun little boost to my productivity to see how well it is coming together.

On to leaves, birds and berries! The top and bottom borders are done - only the sides to do, then proceed with attaching. Could this be homestretch territory? Nah, too early to get that hopeful. *grin*

Be sure to click on over to Kathy's Quilts and her weekly party Slow Sunday Stitching. In addition to featuring various quilters' slow stitching projects, she gives a covid update from her part of the world, Ontario. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!



10 comments:

  1. Your applique is lovely, I need more practice on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dreaded applique until I learned about back basting. I have had a request to revisit that topic in an upcoming post. I hope you can catch it. I plan to do it this month.

      Delete
  2. Lake Effect is looking so pretty! I'm not tired of lake effect yet, besides, I'm the person who posted about hand quilting the same quilt every Sunday for over 6 continuous months! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am one who loved seeing your 6 months of updates!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations you must be so pleased with your progress on this pretty piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jenny, I am pleased, honestly. I really hope I can pick up the pace a bit going into this next bit of applique.

      Delete
  4. This quilt is going to be so pretty. I love the centre panel set among the elongated hexies. Such lovely fabrics and colours. The vine skipping around the edge is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The applique really does make this quilt special. I am a newby at applique, too, so this is really a challenge for me.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Every little milestone achieved desires a celebration! This is such a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Celebrate whenever possible!! I know the next celebration will the completion of all the leaves. Then the berries. Then the birds. Then all 3 remaining panels. Whoohoo!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!