Monday, June 21, 2021

Spring Dreams Sew Along - Grand Finale!

 

I am away again on another quickie vacation, and very nearly forgot to put up this post! Forgive me, please!  But hey ~~~~~

We did it! We spent the entire spring season playing 'together' as we made our Spring Dreams quilts. I have used up so much stash fabric through this effort, and for one quilt, bought some new! The pattern is one that I would consider making again and again, especially if I needed a quilt in a hurry. 

Today, we present our Spring Dreams Parade of quilts. Grab the cup of coffee or tea (or, at this late hour, perhaps something a little stronger!) and have a scroll through our individual interpretations of Spring Dreams.

Frienzie Pam made her quilt early on from fabrics she acquired after the passing of her husband's aunt. She was limited by her background fabrics, so her 3x3 mini-quilt was enlarged by adding borders. Now it fits a card table perfectly.

This whispery sweet bit of goodness is Parisian Dreams from Sharon, using a 3 Sisters line called Paris Flea Market.
 

Sharon has a dreamy-soft Blue Dreams using fabric from her stash by 3 Sisters. Sharon used a unique method for extending her fabric options when making this version. She was running low on 'light' fabrics, so she flipped a few blocks - in other words, the back or wrong side of the fabric is facing out.

 

Dee's is different in a couple ways. First, she opted for the 9-patches with 5 darks/4 lights. Another difference is the light used as sashing. This pattern is so versatile! I don't know if Dee has given her version a name, but I see ribbons of color when I glance at this, so maybe Ribbon Dreams will work for now.

My original Spring Dreams is quilted and bound! The fabrics are all from the stash, including the backing.

Next, I made Scrappy Dreams, a 3x3 quilt like Pam's above. However, I chose to forego borders. It makes a nice little quilt. It, too, is quilted and bound. 

 

LuLu Lane Dreams came about after a trip to my LQS (local quilt shop) which inspired me to check out my Coriander Quilts fabric stash. Along with a good amount of remnants, I discovered a jelly roll I'd forgotten about! 

I really went deep-stash diving for Patriotic Dreams. Most of these fabrics came from my grandmother's treasure boxes of quilt goodies. This is a tablecloth-sized quilt and will be perfect for summer picnics.
 

Sanctuary Dreams is the only one I made with newly-purchased fabrics, which I bought while at retreat in April. 

Pioneer Dreams, my latest effort, is made from an older layer cake by Pam Buda and stash yardage by Thimbleberries (dark sashing) and Johanna Wilson/Plumcreek Patchwork (neutral). I knew that using my background for the cornerstones would result in diagonal white chains across the quilt, and I am not mad about this at all. In fact, I like the look.

Thanks for playing along, everyone! It has been both a fun sew along, and a productive one. It forced me to think outside the box for a few of these, and I definitely have made a dent in my stash, which is always a good thing.

Before completely closing the book on the sew along, I must be sure to give one final shout-out to my cyber friend, Helen Philipps, whose picture so many months ago inspired us to make our quilts. You can find Helen here at her IG account, or here at her blog. I promise you will love looking at all her lovely, whimsical and pleasingly simple designs. 

So, this vacation has taken us to the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and the eastern Pennsylvania farmlands around Lancaster County. The car is pointed toward home now, and I should be back to more regular posting - maybe Tuesday evening, but more likely, Wednesday morning.

Happy Quilting, Friends!







2 comments:

  1. All of your Spring Dreams are lovely. This pattern is very versatile and works for any fabric combination. Now you need to make a Summer Time Dreaming version or do you have a new pattern to show us? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One might be tempted by your suggestion, Gretchen, but at this time, I've got to deal with my goals list for this year! I might give it serious consideration, however, for next year! *wink*

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!