Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Family Room Pillows

 Isn't it grand when one can get excited by just the smallest victories? Today I am celebrating the completion of four new pillows for our family room sofa. It's such a small improvement in this room's decor, but it brightens things up considerably.

My journey through this pillow project began after finishing a pillow for our bed. I was so impressed by how a bit of extra time and attention in the quilting of a pillow top really makes for a more polished look. I transferred that realization into couch cushions with these four pillows.

Pillow number 1 was not intended to be a singleton, but when I went to make a matching pillow, I discovered that I'd misjudged how much fabric remained. That led me to digging out the fabric I would use in pillows number 2 and 3.

To complete the set of 4, I used remaining bits of the two blue floral fabrics and pieced an 18" block. Believe it or not, I had a pattern from an on-line sew along saved, and it worked out perfectly.


All I needed to do was to adjust the cutting for two fabrics and a background (instead of four like the pattern has), and stitch into a pillow top. Easy peasy. This pieced pillow required less quilting, so it finished fast.

Now, I will focus  my attention on new pillow for the front room sofa. I have the pillow forms; just need to pull the fabric. I am undecided on the color I want to go with, as well as the design I want. Maybe more whole-cloth pillows; maybe pieced. A mystery!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





2 comments:

  1. Your pillow are very nice and they do add a nice touch of color to a couch, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I would love to shop for new couches, I must settle for a fresher look with accessories. New pillows are pretty affordable when I make them myself!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!