Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Finally a Flimsy! Red and White Stars

I am gonna' post a bunch of pics today, as I am sorta' in rush. I have a Frienzie engagement to go to in a little while! I love that our schedules are beginning to have "dates" filling in after the long, lonely lockdown!

Basically, I finished a quilt top and I've been writing about it for months, so you know, I just needed to "get'er done" - and now I have, so lemme' show you!

In the quilting room on the design wall, the quilt has a pink look, which is not very pleasing, in my opinion. Must be the lighting or shadows or something.This view, though, does show all the rows and columns. It's square, and I would have made one more row wide had I not run out of background fabric. So this is it.
In the bedroom, while dark, the color reads more true. The pinkish cast is gone. The size will suit just fine, and this will make a nice addition to the red and white quilts I bring out at Christmas time.


 Somehow I miscounted how many stars I would need, thus I have these 9 leftovers. I laid them on the floor and am considering just sewing them together like this. 

So, a finish for July! I have been starting lots of stuff, and finishing very little; feels good to add one to the flimsy stack.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




2 comments:

  1. I would take those extra blocks and make one row of all stars for the pillow end of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!