Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Ongoing Projects

Coming up with material to blog about has become problematic lately, as I continue to work on several projects. No finishes, but progress. So let's see what all is in various stages of completion. In between several family events recently, a small trip for the two of us, and other activities of summer, I haven't spent as much time sewing as I might.

The Scrappy Irish Chain progress is coming right along. I have finished 5 pieced blocks, and 4 setting blocks. The next pieced block is laid out on my table right now waiting to be stitched. 

 The pillows for the front room sofa are also awaiting my attention. I have tops and backs cut out, but now I need to piece some batting scraps together and also locate some unbleached muslin to use as lining. All that prep work (fussy business) slows me down.


The Ohio Stars for our block exchange need to be completed. I have not worked on them since that last post about a week ago, but I do eagerly look forward to completing them.
 
The EPP starflowers are also coming along slowly. I put handwork away for some recent entertaining we did here, and now need to bring it all out again. These little pieces finish so quickly, it is easy to make progress - it's just the getting started that is so hard for me sometimes.

Lake Effect is also an ongoing project - a very long ongoing project, as some of you know. I work on it in fits and spurts. Anytime soon would be good for me to have a spurt of energy on some of those leaves!

I mustn't forget that I also have a counted cross stitch project that ought to be finished. I was really gung-ho on it when I first scrounged around to find it; now, I see that I have quite a project on my hand - one that will require much careful attention on my part! I wonder with some doubt if I have it in me!

Now, should I be whining about nothing to blog about? Mostly, I just need to apply myself to finishing these many projects. Make a list - which I just did - figure out which one can be most expediently finished, or needs most immediate attention. Then proceed. Get busy!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!