Friday, July 2, 2021

Hello July!

Greetings to July! We celebrated our anniversary on Wednesday, were out pretty late after our special dinner in Granville, and yesterday was rather busy, so we have a delay in welcoming July.

What will be accomplished this month? I have some very specific goals to work toward. Let's take stock.
First, a baby quilt. I bought a great selection of juvenile prints while in the Shenandoah Valley last month. I have already constructed the quilt top, and am ready to prep the backing. That should be getting quilted very soon. I will share pictures after I've gifted it to the expectant parents, Will and Kristi.

In addition to the baby quilt, I have every intention of finally taking the last steps in that red and white effort from earlier this year. Since early April, all I have had to do is make 9 more red stars. I have had a major mental block against doing it. Why did I think it was going to be such a difficult thing to do? Too much of a mental effort for me? I think so. Especially since back then I was thinking I had enough of these for a finish. No. I didn't. Anyway, those 9 stars are now cut out and I am ready to stitch.

A new quilt always excites me, and I have one on the agenda for July. The Scrappy Trip Around the World was one of the items on the 2021 goals list, and now is the time to start it. 

I have begun pulling the fabrics and am chomping at the bit to start it. I must reign in the enthusiasm, though, until those other projects are checked off.

Have a great July!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!