Saturday, April 8, 2023

Coffee and Friendship

 

Sewing with friends is wonderful. You hear regularly about my sewing with long-time friend Sharon P. We have logged so many hours of sewing time together; I value those days so much. We had one such day just this week - Thursday afternoon. So good to spend time together.

Plus, I have The Frankfort Girls, a sewing circle-type group, consisting of seven women of varying backgrounds brought together by the common love of stitching and making quilts. Every other Friday we meet from 9-noon, each of us taking turns hosting, and sit around the dining table for just about the best three hours of the week. It surely is the fastest three hours, without doubt. We enjoy deliciously prepared delicacies and, even better, we enjoy each other's company.

Yesterday, we met at Sharon O's lovely home and while it was a wonderful visit, we missed one of our  group due to a health concern; we are so hopeful that she will recover quickly and rejoin us full of vim and vigor.

Jan had two cute finishes to share, one of which was perfectly timed for Easter. Let's look!

Nothing is simpler or more appealing to the eye than a straight-set 9-patch quilt, am I right? Make those blocks out of scraps and use scrappy backgrounds, then you really have a beaut, in my opinion. Just love those diagonal chains.

And this season-appropriate darling bunny quilt is just too cute! And Jan says she has another one with a light background on her long arm. 

I sense a change coming over me. I have never been one to be overly interested in making novelty quilts, but I definitely see some appeal in this one. I have always considered the fussier cutting and piecing to be a negative. I'd just as soon make classic block patterns, truth be told. Perhaps becoming a grandmother has had an influence?? 

Let's just say I'm evolving. heheh

Speaking of being a grandmother, I think you really ought to see this Easter-inspired picture of our sweet Cate. She will be here tomorrow with her parents for an Easter feast. About 20 other members of the family will be joining us, too.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!