Sunday, April 16, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

Ahhh, at last we find ourselves in an agreeable spot for some slow stitching. Two weeks ago, we were sick-sick-sick, and last Sunday we were busy hosting the family Easter bash. So having a slow Sunday today is especially welcome.

Of course, my go-to hand stitching project of late has been these hexie flowers. So lovely in their simplicity. What a cheerful garden I am growing!

The more I make of these hexies, the faster the stitching has become. As a beginner, I felt slow and awkward when constructing these flowers. Now, I can whip out 2-3 each evening, if I stay focused. And if I have some basting already done. These are easy to do while watching baseball, or a movie that doesn't require total concentration. Stitching hexies is the perfect TV time activity.

I am joining in on the fun over at Kathy's Quilts and the stitchers at the Slow Sunday Stitching party. How about going over to have a look around?

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to find your link! Love hexies too...😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these hexie flowers, Jayne! And yep, I work on my hexies in front of the TV too.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!