Tuesday, April 4, 2023

March Wrap Up

We are slowly recovering from the recent stomach bug, but are slower than we'd like to be in once again feeling "normal." This has made me late with actually getting April underway, so I may as well finish off March with a quick wrap-up.

My collage contains two main subjects: Cate and Florida. Very little quilting, but that's okay. Let's get to the details.

ROW 1: Cate shows her happy little smile wearing a pretty spring hat. I tried really hard to finish the floral diamond quilt; I did not achieve that goal, however. On a pretty March day, DH and I drove my mom to nearby Peebles, OH, to visit with her one remaining uncle, my great Uncle John.

ROW 2: Cate again. In this photo, she has her bare feet touching the grass in our front yard. She seemed fascinated with being outdoors. From our yard and DH's hard garden work, we had an abundance of daffodils for cutting. The family in Florida pitched in to help us paint our new vacation home. Here, first cousin David and his wife Dawn are tackling the family room ceiling.

ROW 3: That same Florida family was always eager and willing to hit up area restaurants for dinner. We were especially big fans of a Mexican place in Inverness. Oh Cate! You adorable thing! Sporting all the accessories! And my most-focused on efforts of late - the flowers for a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

I cannot recall when I've been so late in sharing a finish for the new year. Perhaps I will be able to do so this month. That remains to be seen.

I spent a bit of time back at the table in the quilting room, cutting strips and squares out of scraps. It is a job that will take a lot of time. I do listen to a good audio book while working, which keeps me entertained; I mustn't complain, after all I created the scrappy mess.

Current audiobook: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I am late getting to this one; it came out 10 years ago, and won the 2014 Pulitzer for fiction.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!