Monday, April 3, 2023

Hello April!

Only a few days late in welcoming the new month. I was sorta' busy on the first and then yesterday - whoa - we had all-out upset stomach virus over here, and let's just say nothing about it was pleasant. Eeewww!

Now that I'm feeling human again, I am ready to greet this new month. Gosh I love hearing birds chirping outside my windows, the warmer breezes, and sunnier skies. We are in for some of Mother Nature's best.

When last I spent any time in the quilting room I was tackling and taming some of the mess that's been residing on my cutting table. I can NOT seem to keep it tidy. I pile leftovers from projects down there to deal with later, and you know that rarely shows up. As I sorted, I cut a lot of standard bits for my scrap tubs, and discovered parts of quilts I didn't remember having.


Like fully finished Ohio Stars - three of them. These are leftovers from the Frankfort Girls' Ohio Star exchange.

    And 20 ready-to-sew 9-patch blocks. These are leftovers from the Spring Dreams Sew Along.

Plus I discovered parts - flying geese parts left over from a pumpkin project,

half-square triangle parts left over from sofa pillows, and

half-square triangle parts with other parts attached left over from Red and White Stars.

So, Matey, it seems I am deep-sea diving for hidden treasures here in the quilting room. Arrrr......

Now that I am feeling somewhat better - still listless, though - I will now face that table once again to continue the sorting, cutting and putting away. Some I have trashed, too, if you can believe it. I will share my ongoing progress.

I really believe I reached a point at which I couldn't or didn't dare begin another quilt until I dealt with the remains of the last 20, or 30! Is that called a breaking point?

Hope your April is going well!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!