Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Quilt Retreat

Sometimes it feels as though life is a series of events we tend to one right after another, you know? It has seemed that way to me for most of this year. Florida x 2. Cate. Appointments. Adam home to visit. Easter. Retreat. So far, 2023 has been a whirlwind.

Easter dinner was a huge success. We had 27 here for a noon feast, and the weather cooperated so beautifully. The sunshine was definitely a welcome sight! Here are a few pictures to capture the day.

My mom holding our sweet Cate, her great-granddaughter.

DH, Grampa Kevin, enjoying the backyard with Cate.

Nephew Will and his very concerned son Archie, wondering about this other baby on his Daddy's lap.

Uncle Adam met his niece on Easter!

No sooner had we cleaned up the kitchen and all the leftovers, than I began packing for quilt retreat. Yes, I'm here in Nelsonville this week with some fun quilting friends. And gosh are we getting stuff done! 

I brought UFOs with me. I did not have time to prepare (cut) a new project, and these UFOs have been niggling at me for long enough. It's now or never, I guess! My first efforts have been on Blockheads 2. Here are several early blocks made on Monday and Tuesday.

Block # 3; 6" square. It looks wonky, but trust me, it's okay.
Block # 5. This one is 24" square.

Block # 10; 12" square.

Block # 2; 6' square.

Block # 6; 12" square.

I feel like I am plodding along. Doing one block at a time is so very slow. Some of the other girls here are making entire quilts in the time I get a couple of blocks made. That is discouraging, but I also know that sampler quilts are fussier in their construction. This may have had something to do with my having this UFO from 2018!

Hope you are having a wonderful day that includes some bit of time for stitching!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!