Friday, June 23, 2023

Pine Tree Progress

Even though I continue to whittle away at deep cleaning the quilting room, I have been sure to throw in some occasional fun stuff.

All through this cleaning process, the Pine Tree quilt that I started with my friend Sharon a few weeks ago has been out on the table. And I am happy to report that progress has been satisfactory.

Here is proof of that progress - 50 pine trees! My forest is growing! I have the makings of about a dozen more read to stitch up. And I only need 64 trees total, so I am in the proverbial home stretch.

Now, all these need to be trimmed. That will be a tedious job. But I tell ya' - the best way for me to do tasks like that is to commit to doing 10 at a time. As I sew the blocks, I pin or clip 10 in a bundle. That helps me keep track of my progress. Then, when I trim I just take a bundle at a time and work through it. If I have an audio book going, it can be easy as can pie.

On another topic, we celebrated the first day of summer this week, and while it's been so cloudy and dreary, I did take a picture from our back yard just as the day ended - the golden hour, I've heard it called.

 

Today we get to spend the afternoon with our granddaughter, and then this evening we will go to see a movie at the Ohio Theater - Goldfinger, a James Bond classic. The Ohio Theater has a 50+-year-long tradition of their Summer Movie Series in which a wide variety of classic films are shown for just $5/person. Cheap entertainment! We've been going to these movies since the early 1980s. Last week we saw Rear Window, an Alfred Hitchcock classic, which neither of us had seen and which we both really enjoyed.

Hope you are making the most of this first week of summer! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I read your post on how you organize Jayne. I need some containers like yours. My projects are in little piles and get messy which is disheartening. Meanwhile love your Pine Forest and my, how it is growing. You are better organized than I am.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!