Saturday, June 17, 2023

Friends' Quilts

I recently have had several opportunities to enjoy seeing the quilting of friends and family. Today seems like a good day to share those here.

You all know that I have a sweet and fun quilting group - The Frankfort Girls. We definitely have a lot in common, yet we all seem to have our own special preferences which inspire and fuel our creativity.

This darling doggie quilt is Terry's creation - and guess what kind of dogs she owns??? Yes, these little cuties pay tribute to her own sweet Millie and Cooper. Notice that a few of them have their little pink tongues showing. Just adorable!

Sheryl shared this Dr. Suess quilt made with panels and yardage. No doubt this will be going to her granddaughter or maybe it will stay at Grandma's house for when little Alice comes to visit.

Becky had this Judy Rothermel version of a Carrie Nelson pattern called Tag Sale. I love it! Actually, in recent months I've even considered making a Tag Sale quilt. I made one long ago when the pattern first came out, so I can get started straight away. Hmmm...

Becky also shared this Grandmother's Flower Garden with a striking black background. What drama! It totally has the "Becky" look, and is quite eye-catching with those lovely reproduction fabrics.

This next quilt is one my cousin Marilyn is making. We visited with her a couple of weeks ago, and I asked her what she'd been working on lately. I gasped with amazement when she brought this out; my jaw literally dropped. What a beauty! This is a Sue Spargo pattern called Fresh Cut. I've done some investigating of Sue Spargo's designs and have learned quite a lot. I hope to bring more on this quilt in my next post.

So there you see - inspiration is everywhere!! I will never run out of ideas nor will I ever be wanting for inspiration.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



1 comment:

  1. There is much to be inspired from these lovely quilts. 'The Frankfort Girls' are making some beautiful quilts. Those doggies are adorable and the Grandmother's Garden is a beauty. Your cousin's quilt causes me gasp too. Her Fresh Cut quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!