Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Cate's Style Show

 We - DH and I - grow more head-over-heels in love with our granddaughter Cate every single day. We are lucky enough that we see her on nearly a weekly basis, and are grateful that we have that proximity. It's just over an hour-long drive from our house to theirs.

And it just so happens that I have pictures of Cate wearing a couple of sweet little outfits from her adoring grandparents. *smiles* We're gonna' do a little style show for you.

Cate is now just over 7 months old, and has grown enough to wear her first custom-made dress and bloomers. I found some ancient patterns in the back of my sewing closet last fall and made this little combination for her. It has plenty of room for more growing, even though the pattern I used said 3-6 months.

Not all the outfits are home made. This spring, DH and I just happened to be shopping in a state lodge gift shop where we saw the cutest little swimsuit and of course, we agreed that Cate needed a swimsuit. We succumbed to the impulsive urge to get her one. 

Just look at our little bathing beauty!


There will be more homemade clothing in the near future. Daughter Erin sent three pieces of fabric home with me this past weekend.

Erin says she envisions little summer dresses out of the top two fabrics, while the darker fabric could be something for fall and winter - like overalls or a one-piece romper. Yes, I can surely make this happen! I'd be delighted to stitch up some duds for our Cate. 

Any day is a wonderful day when we get to see our sweet baby girl. Grand-parenthood has been as glorious as we always knew it would be.

 ADDED LATER: Here's a link to when I made the little dress and bloomers.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. Sewing clothing for little granddaughters is so much fun! When we moved, I kept my box of old patterns because you mentioned how you used your old pattern for Cate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now need to pull that box out of the closet and get busy! It's exciting to think of what I can come up with!

      Delete
  2. I made so many clothes for my first grandchild too. I ordered a girl with brown eyes and curly hair for that first grandbaby and I got her. She is almost 36 now and has a little 3 year old girl of her own that is wearing some of the clothes I made for her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Cate is so very sweet. She looks darling in the pretty dress and rompers you fashioned. I love vintage patterns. You'll be spoilt for choice with all those patterns you have collected over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kid. I'm a little biased since she is my niece but yeah, she is beautiful 😍....Adam

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!