Thursday, June 22, 2023

Preferred Method of Organizing Projects

I'll continue the saga of cleaning the sewing room today with a quick look at how I organize my projects. These can be future, as yet-to-be-started quilts as well as UFOs. I also confess to having tubs which contain remnants of finished quilts. 

For example, if I made a quilt using American Jane fabric, then all the AJ fabric that was left is still in that tub. My reasoning for this is that maybe I will at some point want to make another AJ quilt, and by keeping the remnants together, I am saving myself the trouble of pulling it all out of storage. (This is what I tell myself; perhaps I'm delusional.)

Under the far end of the cutting table.

You can clearly see that I have a tub devoted to Roman Holiday fabrics. Same sort of deal as the  American Jane. All the labels help me find what I want without having to pull the tubs out and open each one. Especially helpful for the tubs on the bottom.

Under the near end of the cutting table.

Note that I am not showing the top of the table. There's a reason for that, and I probably don't need to spell it out for you.

I have some major scrap-cutting in my future, plus all the pine tree green is spread out up there. 

So, my work continues....

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!