Monday, June 12, 2023

The Tiniest Bit of Slow Stitching

I happily share my tiny bit of slow stitching. Even a little bit of hand work is better than no hand work at all, right?

I have absolutely no idea how this applique posey will be used. Several years ago, I was just sorta' playing around with some EPP and made about a dozen of these in various color combinations. I then set them aside and moved on to hexies for a quilt that did have a plan - Grandmother's Flower Garden. 

Once all those GFG hexie flowers were made, I felt I needed to practice how I would applique them to a background. (I'd already decided that I wasn't using more hexies to join my flowers.)

For practice, I used these little posies. It has been fun - and easy - and I am now considering how I might end up actually using these little pretties. A table topper? Doll quilt? Wall hanging? Sides of a pouch or a bag?

 

So that is the extent of my Slow Sunday Stitching. Even a little bit goes a long way to resting one's brain and easing one's stress. I will link up with Kathy and her weekly slow stitching gang. I am sure there will be many inspiring offerings on display! 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!