Friday, September 22, 2023

A Jelly Roll Finish

 It goes without saying that I tend to drag out projects way longer than necessary, and that is why I am particularly thrilled to show off the Jelly Roll finish I accomplished this week.

I attempted one of those quilt twists I see some quilters do on Instagram, and all I could think was that I made a jelly roll out of a Jelly Roll.

This time last week, I didn't even have the idea of making this quilt. From kernel of an idea to finish was less than a week. Gracious! I guess these precuts DO have their advantages!

This quilt is called Jelly Filled and the pattern details are contained in this post.  I've been spelling the fabric line wrong, so let me just correct that - it's Susanna's Scraps by Betsy Chutchian. 

I didn't think I would have enough fabric to do the outer border, but I did, so I guess it is ready for the longarm. It measures 66"x72" so will be a cozy couch quilt.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I have several jelly rolls and honey buns that I need to use up that are in my stash - I think I need to use them for donation quilts as I really do not care for the colors myself for me anymore, they were impulse buys on sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your quilt, very simple. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!