Saturday, September 2, 2023

It's September!!

 Welcoming a new month - these monthly welcomes appear far too frequently!

My blogging last month was sporadic, at best. Perhaps I can commit to being a bit more reliable this month. 

I've just gotten back from a 4-day quilt retreat, so there are several reports to be made regarding that. Plus, I have several things to share that did not appear on the blog. In other words, I have no shortage of content; just a mindset that avoids blogging. *smh*

My August collage will show you a sneak peak at some of those unblogged subjects. Let's  have a look.

TOP ROW: Early in August, we spent a lovely Sunday afternoon with extended family at my sister's house where we enjoyed her beautiful pool.We had 4 generations in attendance, and most of my siblings were there! Next, my Posies and Polka Dots Quilt was a highlight finish for the month. Last, two first cousins on my father's side joined me for an impromptu photo op at a local event venue.

MIDDLE ROW: DH and I took a day mid-month to investigate some notable places in our local area. Besides Mound City, the ancient burial grounds in Ross County, and Mount Oval, an 1880s home in Pickaway County, we visited Slate Run Farm in Franklin County. This barn is part of the farm, where all operations are performed in the fashion of the early-to mid-1800s when the farm was first established. In the center is my Snowflakes at Dusk quilt, which I quilted about a week ago. The final pic in the middle row is of DH and I holding our dear granddaughter Cate while she naps. 

BOTTOM ROW: The Frienzies (all retired co-workers at CHS) met for a really fun murder mystery luncheon. We came in costumes and solved the case while we celebrated one friend's birthday. From a floral layer cake, I made a lap quilt with 3"squares. It was super easy, and my first project at the retreat. (I'll share more on the retreat in a future post.) Last, I couldn't make a monthly collage without including our Cate. Growing so fast, she gets more and more adorable every day!

Goals for this new month include doing several quilts on the long arm. I will also try to make some little outfits for Cate. And I have learned of another baby coming soon, so a baby quilt will be forthcoming, as well.

I am stoked for a productive month! It will be great to gradually work our way into cooler weather. I do love summer, but Ohio is really pretty in the fall, so there is much to look forward to!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!