Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Variety Pack

Gimme all the projects! I don't mind! I will dabble on all of them! 

Yes, that's me, over here flitting from one fun thing to the next. I'm an equal opportunity quilter, I suppose. Either that, or I have a serious "squirrel" affliction.

Progress is being made on several fronts: Autumn Leaves, Jelly Roll quilt, and Growth Chart. 

First, my Autumn Leaves. I love how this is coming together. The rich colors of fall really meld together in this quilt and truly evoke a fall-like feel. I've found a suitable border fabric from my stash which will enhance the entire look. It's a good bit of yardage of an old Kansas Troubles line. I will check the selvage to see what it's called and get back to you.

I don't generally invite just anyone to step into my quilting room, but here you are standing on the threshold. Yikes!

I share this view primarily because it shows off that Autumn Leaves quilt so nicely. About three rows are sewn together with the sashing. The others are just pinned in place. I will sew these all together and then I need to cut more sashing strips and cornerstone blocks.

The jelly roll strip sets have been pressed and cut into 10.5-inch blocks. The next step is to cut the sashing strips. The fabric for sashing is from the stash, pictured below.

I ended the day yesterday with some hand quilting on the growth chart Erin asked me to finish for Cate.

The numerals were embroidered by Erin, and I am quilting at 1-inch intervals for the entire 6-foot length of it. I will then trim it off, and then bind it. I intend to finish this off pretty quickly - and I need to! Cate will soon be able stand alone without falling down.

Today, in addition to quilting, I must spend some time in the kitchen - making more zucchini bread and some quiches for us and my mom. I  also have some leftovers that ought to be made into soup. 

It's a gorgeous Tuesday here in Ohio! Make the most of it!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. How neat and tidy your quilting room is! Cutting mat, ironing board, design wall and floor all showing up so useful. Autumn leaves is very pretty. I have a top of fall leaves in my stash as well. Been there for years waiting for quilting. I think I might just lay the top out just to use it as is----for now. Lots of good projects on the go. Never time to get bored. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!