Friday, September 15, 2023

Leafy Decisions

I'm in a pondering phase over here. I've laid out my autumn leaves three different ways, and now I must decide the direction I wish to go with these blocks.

A tidy stack of 72 leaf blocks can be made into a surprisingly diverse number of "looks." Here's the first one I auditioned.

I've left a bit of space between the blocks, as I am leaning toward using a white sashing strip around each leaf and a brown cornerstone at each intersection. Try to envision that, if you can.

Option two has all leaves pointing in the same direction, and still has room for sashing/cornerstones.

Option three creates a wildly different look, and a very interesting secondary design. I like the look, but I really lose the leaves, which all along has been my priority - a leafy quilt in fall colors. 

So, while I thought I wanted a quilt with leaves strewn about haphazardly, I do think I am going to go with the second option. I've got plenty of the background fabric from which I will cut the sashing strips. I am sure I've got a suitable brown for cornerstones. I am taking too much time considering all these options; I simply need to get back to stitching if I am to have a finish for this fall.

I had expected to do this sewing yesterday, but a certain darling granddaughter needed a sitter - and you know I didn't say no to that request! DH and I left here about 6:30am, (!) and had the most lovely day with Cate.

I love having the flexibility to drop everything and go on a moment's notice. I have to give a shout-out to Sharon. We'd planned to have a sewing day, but she knows all too well the tug of a grandbaby in need of a granny! I appreciate her flexibility, too!

Hope you are having a great Friday! It is simply gorgeous here today!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!