Sunday, October 29, 2023

Borders On!

On Wednesday, Sharon came to sew, and I knew exactly what I needed to get done. In my very best procrastinating way, I had delayed - in a very big way - attaching the borders on Autumn Leaves.

I finished the center part of this quilt clear back on September 23. For over a month it has been folded on my cutting table awaiting borders. And I'd even cut the white inner border. Geesh. Talk about procrastination. Borders have never been the most fun part of the quilting process, in my opinion. For whatever reason, I often stall out on all the measuring, cutting and attaching of borders. Ugh.


At some point, though, the quilt has to be finished, the table has to be cleared and loose ends have to be tied up. That day came last Wednesday when Sharon was here to sew. Maybe I focus better when Sharon is here? I don't know. Whatever, I knew that the ultimate goal was to finish Autumn Leaves, by gosh.

I'd determined long ago that I would use this Kansas Troubles fabric for the outer border. It was in my stash and I had no project lined up for its use. Turns out it was just right.

Side Note: I think in the new year (already with '24 goals???) I will keep track of how much stash fabric I use. I mean, that IS the goal, after all. It might even spur me to use more if I know I'm keeping track.


This quilt pleases me in every possible way. I have wanted a fall leaves quilt for simply ages, and now I have one. Yay! It has a spot very high on the longarm list and may just find itself quilted by the end of the week.

In old business, here's an update on my recent computer woes. I have had several helpful suggestions from readers, and today I will attempt to address them. I am very hopeful that I will solve at least some of my issues.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always excited when the center of the quilt is completed, I think I'm almost done! Then it seems those borders take so much longer than I expect . . . I just want to be finished! The Kansas Troubles fabric is perfect for your fall leaves quilt, very pretty. Now you just need to get it quilted so you can use it this autumn. I have no suggestions to help you with your problems, I have my own problems over here on my blog (picture a sad face emoji here). Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!