Monday, October 16, 2023

Growth Chart Delivered

Checking things off a list remains one of my all-time most satisfying feats, and this past weekend I checked a huge item off my list of UFOs (UnFinished Objects). The growth chart I quilted and bound for our granddaughter has been handed back to Erin, who started the project. As Cate was getting ever closer to standing without assistance, she knew she'd need help finishing it in time, so Mom was called to action. And you know I was glad to oblige.

Approved by Baby Cate.

Approved by Cate's mama, Erin.

The colors are so muted that the entire chart barely show up in pictures. It is over 6 feet long and will be hung so that accurate measurements can be marked. 

This somewhat closer view shows at least the binding which which nicely frames the chart. Below are a couple of pics from when I was stitching  the binding last week.


 

The kids were here Saturday and Sunday for Erin's class reunion on Saturday night. We were thrilled to babysit and loved doing the whole bedtime routine. Cate is an easy baby - she barely whimpers when going down for the night. Of course that is aided by having a full tummy and having been absolutely worn out from a day's worth of activities at Grandma and Grandpa's house - different toys, different spaces both indoors and out, and so much more. 

Moving on to the next UFO, I must sew the quilt top we Frienzies worked on a couple of weeks ago. We are getting together tomorrow for lunch, and I would love to hand this off to whoever is going to take to into completion.

I'll end with one more picture of Cate. She's always the star of show. Just two weeks shy of her first birthday, she has six teeth, eats a wide variety of big-girl food, and began walking about a week ago. She gets around pretty handily already. It took all four adults in the house to keep her corralled.


Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

PS: I will link with the slow Sunday stitching crowd over at Kathy's Quilts.




2 comments:

  1. I bet Cate wasn't the only who slept well that night, grandchildren are wonderful but exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, you are absolutely correct on that score! Both my husband and I spent Sunday evening in recovery mode!

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!