Monday, October 2, 2023

September Collage

Before steeping myself in October projects and plans, let me review last month. It's nice to reflect on the highlights and remember some of the fun times.

TOP ROW: Early in the month we had an afternoon of playing with Cate. I did very minimal work on Lake Effect, but it IS beginning to resemble a quilt, at long last. And that beautiful blue September sky is part of the view from my favorite spot on our front porch.

MIDDLE ROW: My mom came to visit last week. She will soon be celebrating her 87th birthday. Darling Cate has the sleepy eyes. We visit as often as we can (without making a nuisance of ourselves) and in that center photo, she is just ready for nap time. The Autumn Leaves quilt still needs border; I have the inner borders cut; the outer border awaits. It will be a priority in October.

BOTTOM ROW: On a whim, I decided to make a jelly roll quilt which is now quilted and bound. Sharon and I sew together often, but lately we've had too many conflicting schedules. However, she did join in the Frienzies' fun when we were all together for sewing a bridal quilt. And one more of Cate - we babysat one day when she was held out of daycare. Our stroller walk in downtown Columbus pleased her, don't you think?

So, what is in store for October? Plans always seem to be in the works. Not only do I have several finishes to take care of - growth chart, Cate's little dress, Autumn Leaves, binding Dusty Trails (above), to name a few - I intend to revisit my 2023 Goals List to see how I'm faring. The last time I checked (it's been awhile), I think I was about 50-50. 

And I have at least one new project in my plans. I pulled a stack of blue fabrics - all oldies in my stash - and I need an idea for how to proceed. I love this 'dreaming up' phase of the quilting process.

Hope you are having a great day!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!