Sunday, June 16, 2024

Cutie Pie With a Cute Dress

In several posts over the last year and a half, I’ve mentioned that DD Erin had a stack of fabrics that she wanted to have made into clothes for Cate. Since she wasn’t likely to do this sewing herself, I was a capable and very willing alternative option. 

These were the three fabrics, and I recently finished up the last outfit from the pastel stripe in the middle.


This tired little cutie pie is wearing her new wrap dress while vacationing in Hawaii! Look at how tall she is! Those long legs and knobby knees! It appears that a 6-hour time difference and touring Hawaii might just wear a toddler completely out.

Below is a repeat pic from this post that shows the lining fabric I bought to go with the stripe. It was purchased in Dade City, FL, at Quilted Twins. That earlier post also shows a front view and back view of this wrap dress. There's also a link to the Etsy shop where I purchased the pattern.

 

After the dress was made, I needed to make bloomers, and had enough of each fabric to make two pairs. I made the pair from the lining fabric first to see if I had the fit right. Then I made the striped pair but went with little shorts instead of bloomers. (That's what you do when you run out of elastic!)

I am so thrilled with how well the wrap dress fits Cate that I am tempted to whip up a couple more for her as we approach summertime. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

1 comment:

  1. Cate's outfit is so cute! I so enjoyed sewing cute little clothing for my daughter, especially after 2 boys!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!