Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Quilting Temecula Baskets

Often the hardest thing for me is deciding.

There are so many quilt tops stored in closets that I have a hard time deciding which one to pull out for quilting. It's like playing favorites. What a nice problem to have, right?

Yes, two closets are packed full with quilt tops made over the last 20 or more years. I made the tops yet never had the means with which to have them quilted. And now that I do have the long arm machine, I continue to make quilt tops and never quite seem to get ahead in the quilting phase of the process.

Sometimes it's just a matter of pick a quilt - any quilt.

 
 
Mostly just randomly, then, I picked Temecula Baskets which I pieced in 2022. Here's a post that pretty well explains the entire piecing process.

Temecula Baskets is such a cheery creation and seemed suitable as a summertime quilt. It will probably be on our bed for awhile these next couple of months.






And so, another quilt has been removed from the closet and finished off. I’m thoroughly pleased with the results. It was fun to piece and the quilting continues to be easier the more I do it. 

Now to trim it, bind it, and label it. Even when you say you're done, you are not really done. *wink*

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

3 comments:

  1. Well isn't that lovely! I have a closet full of tops too, but I hand quilt and I will never get them done. I need to stick to quilting to reduce my stash, but I have other hobbies as well and I have migrated to a different one. Probably as Christmas gets real close, I'll panick and get some quilted. I never seem to learn. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt. I love how you quilted it. I always completely finish one quilt before making another. Otherwise I feel such a sense of something hanging over my head that I just can't be comfortable. I envy those of you who can just piece quilt tops and move on to another. I look forward to seeing which top you decide to quilt next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! She'll be a lovely summer quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!